[Openstack] swift-recon over different rings

Mark Kirkwood mark.kirkwood at catalyst.net.nz
Fri Jun 17 10:16:28 UTC 2016

On 17/06/16 16:12, Mark Kirkwood wrote:
> On 16/06/16 22:38, Carlos Rodrigues wrote:
>> Hello,
>>

>> How do i run swift-recon over different rings/policies?
>>
>> When i run swift-recon, it returns information
>> about account.ring.gz, container.ring.gz and object.ring.gz, and i have
>> other rings/policies created.
>> How do i get information about these rings/policies?
>>

> I think the -p option is the one you want e.g:
>
> $ swift-recon -v -p 0 --md5

Well, spoke a bit soon eh? Trying this out on a system where I have two
policies:

$ cat /etc/swift/swift.conf
[storage-policy:0]
name = Policy-0
default = yes
#policy_type = replication

[storage-policy:1]
name = one
policy_type = erasure_coding
ec_type = liberasurecode_rs_vand
ec_num_data_fragments = 2
ec_num_parity_fragments = 2
ec_object_segment_size = 1048576

I see the same info for (say):

$ swift-recon -v -p 0 --md5

and -p 1/one etc.

So sorry for the not so helpful advice, and yes I'd like to know how to
get better recon based into for polices too!

Cheers

Mark