[Openstack] load balancer using iptables rules in neutron

Priyanka ppnaik at cse.iitb.ac.in
Wed Jun 15 04:18:15 UTC 2016

Hi,

I want to create a basic round-robin layer 3 load balancer. The request
would be coming from same tenant network and the backend servers would
also be in the same network. For this the steps I think should be done
are: create a neutron port (for the load balancer) and attach it to ovs
on the neutron node and apply ip tables to load balance traffic coming
to this port (using the nth patch of iptable).

Are the steps I am thinking correct? Also, to which chain should these
rules be put? Please guide me on this.

Thanks,

Priyanka