[Openstack] Mitaka installation process

Martinx - ジェームズ thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 00:41:08 UTC 2016

On 14 June 2016 at 16:20, Nasir Mahmood <nasir.mahmood at gmail.com> wrote:

> What you want to achieve?
>
> Without packstack, try using the docs.openstacks.org for your
> environment.  these guides are awesome source to bootstrap  the raw
> openstack and configure it as per your requirements.  Then expand
> horizontally or vertically.  Start configuring and share your questions and
> ideas on the relevant mailing lists.
>
> My first POC  deployment was on  3 vmware VMs but it was the best way to
> learn ins and outs , learned a lot  and then I moved along with multi
> purpose , diversified  physical architecture  comprising of different
> nodes for different needs.
>
> Do it before you ask.
>
> Regards,
>
> NM
> On Jun 15, 2016 12:32 AM, "Venkatesh Kotipalli" <
> openstackvenkatesh at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Folks,
>
> I am new to  openstack. Please guide me which way to configure the
> openstack without packstack.
>
> And i want to install the *MITAKA* version of openstack. Please share the
> links.
>
> If any one succeeded installed the mitaka version without packstack
> software, please help me.
>
> Regards,
> Venkatesh.k

Hi!

I have an Ansible playbook that deploys Mitaka on top of Ubuntu 16.04.

The good thing about it is that it is SUPER simple, it only tries to
automate the instructions from here:

docs.openstacks.org

Here is it:

https://github.com/tmartinx/svauto

You can look at the startup script here:

https://github.com/tmartinx/svauto/blob/dev/scripts/os-install.sh

Or you can execute it directly via "curl | bash" on top of a fresh
installed Ubuntu 16.04, like this:

bash <(curl -s
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tmartinx/svauto/dev/scripts/os-install.sh)

By default, it deploys OpenStack "all-in-one".

Cheers!
Thiago