[Openstack] [Tempest] Small Portable Downloadable Tempest Image for offline use

Sam Stoelinga sammiestoel at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 07:26:41 UTC 2016

I just finished building a docker image for Tempest which you can download
and take with you on USB. Handy for those environments which don't have
internet access to Docker Hub.

The image has 2 versions one based on Alpine just ~40MB and another on
Ubuntu ~130MB. Full details and download links available here:
https://github.com/samos123/docker-tempest and
https://hub.docker.com/r/samos123/tempest/

Hope somebody else finds it useful too.

Why another Docker tempest image?
I decided to built another image because there was no way to directly
download the tempest image. Also many of the existing tempest images
weren't being updated actively. I've integrated travis CI and will set it
up to trigger a nightly build of latest Tempest master branch such that the
image always stays up to date.

Regards,
Sam Stoelinga