[Openstack] [Swift] 404 re-reading just created container

Pete Zaitcev zaitcev at redhat.com
Tue Jun 7 19:06:58 UTC 2016

On Fri, 3 Jun 2016 16:09:06 +1200
Mark Kirkwood <mark.kirkwood at catalyst.net.nz> wrote:

> This is a Swift 2.7.0.1 system with 2 proxies and 3 storage nodes (each
> the latter with 6 devices).

What is your replica count?

> The proxies are load balanced behind Haproxy (which I'm guessing is
> causing the 404 - see below)

HAproxy is often troublesome, but I don't expect it is at fault in
this instance. The logs that you quoted show that the proxy-server
returned the 404. Do proxies happen to talk to separate memcached
instances by any chance?

What you really need in this instance is to capture logs that have
the same tx-id on _all_ nodes. Then we can construct the scenario.

-- Pete