[Openstack] Instance IP address got from external DHCP server

Jean-Pierre Ribeauville jpribeauville at axway.com
Thu Jun 2 13:40:31 UTC 2016

Hi,

By using floating IPs, I have to provide in this range , IPs not used by our DHCP server .
So I've to request from IT department a range of addresses reserved for my OpenStack Instances.
These guys are astonished that I'm not able to configure my OpenStack platform so the instances got their IP addresses from the company's DHCP server .
( as done in VMware or RHEV infrastructure)
Of course, the DHCP server will take care to allocate a non-used address.

Is there a way to configure my OpenStack platform to achieve this goal ?

Thx for help.

Regards,

Jean-Pierre RIBEAUVILLE

+33 1 4717 2049