[Openstack] Ceilometer calculate also offline instances

Vahric Muhtaryan vahric at doruk.net.tr
Wed Jun 1 16:34:45 UTC 2016

Hello,

I am using kilo release and trying to achieve total vcpu allocated for
project(s). Actually I can get it well , no problem

ceilometer --debug statistics -m vcpus -p 3600 --query
'timestamp>2016-05-17T00:00:00;timestamp<2016-05-31T00:00:00;project_id=200d
b27e14004d4686116ee5f1f8fd0b'

But my issue is little different, ceilometer samples also calculate offline
instances too ! Maybe conceptional it should be like that but I would like
to measure what is active. Is there anyway to say ceilometer or nova for do
not notify offline instances mem,vcpu things Š

vcpusGaugevcpuinstance IDNotificationLibvirt, Hyper-VNumber of virtual CPUs
allocated to the instance

Regards
Vahric Muhtaryan