[Openstack] ceilometer - volume and floating ip meter issue

murali muraliselva.10 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 05:22:28 UTC 2016

Hello all,

I have one query regarding the ceilometer,

I am using Cloudkitty Liberty version in my Devstack.

Basically, cloudkitty is using ceilometer for collecting data to be rated.

So it is depending on meters such as volume.size, instance,
storage.objects.size, floating.ip etc.,

I can be able to see that storage.objects.size, instance etc can be a meter
which providing data always. That is we can collect the data from those
meter for billing periodically.(Each and every hour)

But I am unable to get the data from the meter for volume.size and
floating.ip always(each and every hour). Both of these meters providing
values only once. After that unable to collect data from those meter for
billing.

Is there anyway available to make those meter provide data always as needed?

Please someone have a look and let me know your comments.

Regards,

Murali.