[Openstack] Windows provisioning issue, could not finish configuring the system

William Josefsson william.josefson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 14:58:27 UTC 2016

Hello Alessandro, yes I posted here but unfortunately no reply
https://ask.openstack.org/en/question/94971/windows-could-not-finish-configuring-the-system/

I upload the cloudbase image to glance, then I create a bootable 100GB
cinder volume based on that glance image. nova boot flavor --boot-volume
<volume_id>

I cannot navigate from the console, to bypass the error message, and if I
click the button it reboots and get's back to the same place which seems
really strange. I try to click around, but the window doesn't disappear.

I think something else must be wrong?

I can never ping the node too. Someone on IRC mentioned it could be a race
condition cloud-init sysprep thing causing this too. Here's another commit
I wanna revert and try too https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1460793