[Openstack] No valid Host - OpenStack Mitaka

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at bayour.com
Wed Jul 27 12:10:59 UTC 2016

On Jul 27, 2016, at 1:03 PM, Silvia Fichera wrote:

> I have created manually br-int, it was not created by devstack, should I
> also manually add br-ex?

Don't know. I've don't use devstack, I did it the "hard" way by installing
packages manually :D

But I guess so. From what (very!) little I know, you need one external and
one tenant bridge. Had/have something to do with iptable rules not being
able to be put on "something" (skimmed that part :).

> Now I'm using the mitaka branch
> and the two bridges are not automatically created (and the installation is
> successful).

I'm also using Mitaka. But since I did everything manually, I did that part
as well manually.

This is my networking setup. Doubt there's much/anything you can use there,
but it might give you some hints..

https://github.com/FransUrbo/openstack_bladecenter/blob/master/rc.install#L118-L213

that's run on both the Compute(s) and on the Control(s).
--
You know, boys, a nuclear reactor is a lot like a woman.
You just have to read the manual and press the right buttons