[Openstack] [openstack-dev] Filter ComputeCapabilitiesFilter returned 0 hosts

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at bayour.com
Wed Jul 27 02:27:02 UTC 2016

With the help of Sam-I-Am on #openstack, I managed to verify that if I
create a volume with "cinder" and can then attach it to an existing instance.
Triple checked by trying to access the device from within the instance.

However, I still can't create an instance with one of the flavors I've
created with the volume_backend_name=ZOL property (which is also set
in the host aggregate).

	There are not enough hosts available.

this because

    Filter ComputeFilter returned 1 host(s) get_filtered_objects /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/nova/filters.py:104
    (bladeA03, bladeA03.domain.tld) ram: 12998MB disk: 101376MB io_ops: 0 instances: 3 fails. There are no capabilities to retrieve. _get_capabilities /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/nova/scheduler/filters/compute_capabilities_filter.py:63
    (bladeA03, bladeA03.domain.tld) ram: 12998MB disk: 101376MB io_ops: 0 instances: 3 fails instance_type extra_specs requirements host_passes /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/nova/scheduler/filters/compute_capabilities_filter.py:101
    Filter ComputeCapabilitiesFilter returned 0 hosts
--
Ehhhhm - The battle cry of the cronical masturbater.
- Charlie Harper