[Openstack] [Horizon] Is there a way to hide specific region in Horizon ?

Brad Pokorny Brad_Pokorny at symantec.com
Tue Jul 19 18:02:13 UTC 2016

Currently, I think you need to have at least Keystone and Nova in each region for Horizon to work. This is a known limitation, and there's ongoing work to remove the Nova requirement [0]. I don't know of anything that can be done from the Horizon side to restrict regions, but you could try removing the Swift and Keystone endpoints for the region from the catalog of the Keystone specified by OPENSTACK_KEYSTONE_URL in the Horizon config. That will probably prevent you from using the Swift CLI for the region, but it will prevent the region from showing up in Horizon. You could then still use the Swift APIs directly for that region. Pretty complicated workaround, but I don't know of an easier way.

[0] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/342283/

Thanks,
Brad