[Openstack] [Sahara]Cloudera-manager fail to start when deploy cdh cluster

fuguangping fuguangping at unitedstack.com
Tue Jul 12 03:12:28 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I am a new sahara user, and I download cdh plugin image from http://sahara-files.mirantis.com/images/upstream/liberty/.

Unfortunately, When I try to create a cdh-5.4 cluster, the cloudera-manager always fail to start. I ssh to the manager server, and try to start by hand, the "cloudera-scm-server.log" shows following error:

org.hibernate.service.classloading.spi.ClassLoadingException: HHH010003: JDBC Driver class not found: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

I download the mysql driver and copy  to "/usr/share/cmf/lib", it seems to work, but to my surprise the service die after a while. I check the log again, and find the following error:

org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: Could not open connection
java.sql.SQLException: Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!

I'm not sure if these is some bugs in the images or I miss some configurations. Is anyone meet similar issue? How to fix this error without modify the image?

Thanks!

Regards,

Guangping Fu