[Openstack] can I manually register a volume in cinder

Lomayani S. Laizer lomlaizer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 17:28:38 UTC 2016

I think you can create empty volumes in cinder command line of the same as
your volume. then delete created volume in ceph. finally rename you volume
with data in ceph to deleted volume name created in cinder

 cinder create --name volume_name  volume_size

 rbd rm pool_name/volume-id_of_cinder_volume)

 rbd rename pool_name/your_volume_name  pool_name/volume-id_of_cinder_volume

--
Lomayani