[Openstack] vCPU -> pCPU MAPPING

Steve Gordon sgordon at redhat.com
Fri Jul 8 17:22:31 UTC 2016

----- Original Message -----

Just in addition to Jay's comment, the above does not do what I suspect you think it does. The above tells Nova to expose vCPUs 1, 2, 3, and 4 in *guest* NUMA node 0 when building the guest NUMA topology in the Libvirt XML. Nova will endeavor to map these vCPUs to pCPUs on the same NUMA node on the host as *each other* but that will not necessarily be NUMA node *0* on the host depending on resource availability.

Thanks,

Steve