[Openstack] Installing Openstack Liberty with Openvswitch support

Kaustubh Kelkar kaustubh.kelkar at casa-systems.com
Wed Jul 6 16:16:47 UTC 2016

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Ruiz Molina [mailto:daniel.ruiz at caos.uab.es]
Sent: Wednesday, July 6, 2016 7:50 AM
To: openstack at lists.openstack.org
Subject: [Openstack] Installing Openstack Liberty with Openvswitch support

Now, I'm confused because I don't know if "local_ip" in /etc/neutron/plugins/ml2/openvswitch_conf.ini must have public IP (from mgmt nic) or private IP (from data nic).
[Kaustubh] The local_ip should be the IP on your data NIC, which I think is eth1.

What I want to get is that all communitations between hypervisors run in
eth0 (public IP), like schedulers, conductors, nova... and all communitations for the running instances (all traffic from/to br-tun and br-int and all openvswitch data and internal communication between running instances) run in eth1 (private IP)
[Kaustubh] Well, that's how the setup will work. The Network layout diagram in the prerequisites section at http://docs.openstack.org/mitaka/networking-guide/scenario-classic-ovs.html should give you an idea. For your case, the controller and network node are combined and you don't have any VLAN interfaces.

-Kaustubh

I don't know if this scenario could be possible... but I suppose...

My computers NEED to have an eth0 nic with public IP and an eth1 nic with private IP, so with that nics, I need to configure my cloud (in other words, I can't have a nic with no IP configuration...)

Anybody could help me?

Thanks!