[Openstack] Migrating passwords to a new version

Rich Wellner rkw at objenv.com
Tue Jan 26 19:14:15 UTC 2016

I'm migrating a Havana installation to Kilo and want to move the users
passwords as a courtesy. I was able to use the python API to move users,
roles and projects, but that API doesn't have hooks to move the
passwords/hashes. So I did that manually (i.e. grabbing the password
field from the user table in Havana and putting it in Kilo), but the
users can't use their passwords to login.

So, how can I move the passwords so that my users can login?

rw2