[Openstack] glance image-create on s3 backend (multipart)

Marius Vaitiekunas mariusvaitiekunas at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 14:20:30 UTC 2016

Hi,

We have glance configured with s3 backend on ceph. Everything is fine
except new image creation. Looks like glance expects image size field to
enable multipart upload, but on new image creation this value are still
empty.

Our example via glance v2:

# glance image-create --name "some-large-image" --file
some-large-image.qcow2 --disk-format qcow2 --container-format bare
--visibility public --progress

I've managed to upload the image via glance v1 using size option:

# glance image-create --size 15559163904 --name "some-large-image" --file
some-large-image.qcow2 --disk-format qcow2 --container-format bare
--progress

This method is a little buggy, because I don't know the size of the image
before it's completely uploaded to ceph s3. qemu-img info gives different
size.. And would be nice to do it via glance apie v2.

We use openstack liberty on centos 7. Packages are from centos cloud repo:
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/cloud/x86_64/openstack-liberty/

Anybody could give some advice on how to enable multipart from glance
image-create command?
Thank you in advance!

--
Marius Vaitiekūnas