[Openstack] debug glance with pydev in eclipse

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Tue Jan 19 03:03:10 UTC 2016

On 01/18/2016 08:08 AM, 郝启臣 wrote:
> hello,guys,I want to debug the glance code with pydev in eclipse,but i
> don't know how to do,can anybody help me?
>
> ps:I debug horizon successfully in eclipse,the entrance of the dubug
> is manage.py,so where is the entry of the glance code.

I gave up on pydev, and instead use rpdb:

http://adam.younglogic.com/2015/02/debugging-openstack-with-rpdb/

Glance uises eventlet, which messes with threads, which kills the
debugger as it cannot context switch between the running and debug
threads. You essentially need bypass Eventlet to make it happen.  I used
to know how to do this, I think it was essentially commenting out the
part of glance that monkeypatches thread.