[Openstack] VLAN Provider Question

John van Ommen john.vanommen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 15:38:37 UTC 2016

My compute node and my controller node are both physically connected to the
same switch, and they can talk to the same tagged VLAN.

The part I'm having trouble understanding is the network namespace. For
instance:

I have a provider VLAN on VLAN 100
The CIDR for VLAN 100 is 192.168.0.0/24

Is there an IP address on VLAN 100 for the physical interface? Or does that
IP range only exist in the network namespace? I understand that the DHCP
server listens on the network namespace. I'm trying to understand what must
exist OUTSIDE of that network namespace, on the physical interface that
hosts it (eth0).