[Openstack] VLAN Provider Question

John van Ommen john.vanommen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 06:08:21 UTC 2016

If I have a VM that's getting it's IP addresses from a VLAN provider
network, is it sufficient to have a network namespace that corresponds to
that network?

Or do I also need to have a network interface on the server that
corresponds to it?

For instance, if I have a provider network with a CIDR of 192.168.0.1/24,
and I have a network namespace that maps to that provider network, is that
sufficient? Or do I also need to have a network interface on the control
plane and network node in the same CIDR?