[Openstack] Moving from Legacy with GRE to Provider with Linux bridge

Tyler Couto tcouto at certain.com
Wed Jan 6 18:36:29 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I¹m moving openstack from legacy networking with GRE to provider
networking with linux bridge. I¹m new to Openstack so I followed the Kilo
installation guide and then decided provider networking would be better
suited for our implementation.

I¹ve modified neutron.conf, ml2_conf.ini, and dhcp_agent.ini as shown in
http://docs.openstack.org/networking-guide/scenario_provider_lb.html. I
removed OVS; I recreated networks and subnets, and I removed the l3 agent.
I get stuck when I try to boot a cirros image. I get the following error:

compute-node:nova/nova-compute.log - `NovaException: Unexpected
vif_type=binding_failed`

Here¹s a gist of the neutron config files and some relevant logs.
https://gist.github.com/coutotyler/d8f2b8940a0b1c134206

I¹ve been working on this for a couple days, and I¹m pretty stuck, so I
would really appreciate some help.

Thanks!
Tyler