[Openstack] Horizon with 2fa?

Andrew Bogott abogott at wikimedia.org
Mon Feb 29 16:23:53 UTC 2016

     I require two-factor authentication for users who have permissions
to create and delete instances in Nova.  Since we're in the process of
migrating from our custom webUI to Horizon, I need to add an additional
field (totp token) to the Horizon login screen and get that value passed
to keystone.

     It should be a fairly straightforward hack -- but, before I dive
in, I'm thinking that surely I'm not the first person to need this. Can
anyone who has already implemented 2fa in Horizon give me a few
pointers, or tell me what approach you took?

Thanks!

-Andrew