[Openstack] [OpenStack] [CINDER] how to get updated pool info when multi users create volumes on pool configured?

yang, xing xing.yang at emc.com
Fri Feb 26 15:46:20 UTC 2016

Hi Dilip,

What are the values of thin_provisioning_support and max_over_subscription_ratio reported by the two backends?

For the one supports thick, thin_provisioning_support should be False.  Also there is a bug regarding max_over_subscription_ratio.  A fix was proposed but not merged yet.  Set this ratio to -1 for now.

Set 'thin_provisioning_support': '<is> False' in the extra specs of the volume type you created for the thick volume provisioning.  This should tell the scheduler not to choose a backend supporting thin.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
Xing