[Openstack] nova service-disable

Yngvi Páll Þorfinnsson yngvith at siminn.is
Mon Feb 22 10:38:57 UTC 2016

Hi

I want to stop instances from beeing created on one of our compute nodes, i.e. "compute1"
But I want all current instances on compute1 to be active and available.

I thus disable the nova service for this node:

# nova service-disable compute1 nova-compute

Nova status of compute1 will then be disabled.
But the state of compute1 will still be UP.

My question is:

What about the current instances on this compute node?
Will they still be active and available?
I need all instanses on compute1 to be active and available :)
( could be one of those silly questions....but I'm not sure how this works....)

Best regards
Yngvi