[Openstack] [Trove] Can't get database to initialize

Ludwig Tirazona ljtirazona at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 09:55:17 UTC 2016

Hello Everyone,

      It's my first time trying to install Trove. I'm installing under
Ubuntu 14.04.3. I did "apt-get install trove-api" with the Ubuntu Liberty
repository enabled. (Installed package version: 4.0.0-0ubuntu1~cloud0). I
just edited /etc/trove/trove-api.conf to reflect the settings I need (I'm
using MySQL), did a "su -s /bin/sh -c "trove-manage db_sync" trove", and
got the following errors: http://pastebin.com/rV24CjUd I dropped the
database. re-installed, and did a db_sync; I got the same error. Can
anybody help, or give some pointers as to what I am doing wrong? Thanks!