[Openstack] Root disk resize down

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Wed Feb 10 06:16:39 UTC 2016

Excerpts from Mārtiņš Jakubovičs's message of 2016-02-09 03:00:51 -0800:
> Hello,
>
> I can't find documentation about this.
> Is it possible to resize instance down when use CEPH as storage?
> Right now I try to resize down and I receive error:
>
> Flavor's disk is too small for requested image. Flavor disk is
> 42949672960 bytes, image is 21474836480 bytes.
>
> OS Liberty,
> Ubuntu 14.04 x64,
> CEPH 0.94.5

I know that sometimes clouds are really full, and create/test/delete
isn't the way you are able to use them. But in general, you'll be better
off if you can just create a new one, move the data, test it, then stop
and eventually delete the old one.