[Openstack] [openstack] can ceilometer can still calculating bandwidth usage when using the provider networks with linux bridge

yang sheng forsaks.30 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 14:24:55 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,
  I am newbie to openstack and trying to deploy openstack liberty.
  Righ now, I am using 3 servers. 1 for mariadb, 1 for controller and 1 for
compute nodes.
  For simplicity, I am planning to deploy the network using provider
networks with linux bridge so that all the instances can have the internet
access directly from compute nodes. (follow:
http://docs.openstack.org/liberty/networking-guide/scenario_provider_lb.html
)
  In such way, can ceilometer still monitor the bandwidth usage? ( I think
it monitors L3 level ?)

thanks
Yang Sheng