[Openstack] Adding second node does not work

Pavel Fedin p.fedin at samsung.com
Tue Feb 2 09:54:41 UTC 2016

 Hello!

> I'd say the most important detail is that SERVICE_HOST, in the
> local.conf for the second compute node, needs to be the name or IP
> address of the controller.  Did you do that?

 Of course i did. This is my local.conf.
 By this time i discovered that "connection" in [database] section of nova.conf was empty. I added DATABASE_TYPE in order to fix
that. But, still no luck, the same symptoms as before.

--- cut ---
[[local|localrc]]
HOST_IP=10.51.0.5
SERVICE_HOST=10.51.0.4
MYSQL_HOST=$SERVICE_HOST
RABBIT_HOST=$SERVICE_HOST
GLANCE_HOSTPORT=$SERVICE_HOST:9292
ADMIN_PASSWORD=xxx
DATABASE_PASSWORD=$ADMIN_PASSWORD
RABBIT_PASSWORD=$ADMIN_PASSWORD
SERVICE_PASSWORD=$ADMIN_PASSWORD
DATABASE_TYPE=mysql

# Services that a compute node runs
ENABLED_SERVICES=n-cpu,rabbit,q-agt

## Open vSwitch provider networking options
PHYSICAL_NETWORK=public
OVS_PHYSICAL_BRIDGE=br-ex
PUBLIC_INTERFACE=ens33
Q_USE_PROVIDER_NETWORKING=True
Q_L3_ENABLED=False

Kind regards,
Pavel Fedin
Senior Engineer
Samsung Electronics Research center Russia