[Openstack] Upgrade from Mitaka to Newton. Nova 13 does not worn to work witn Nova 14

Evgeniy Ivanov e601809 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 07:35:25 UTC 2016

Hello!

I'm experiencing some kind of a bug, when I have a controller with
mitaka and a controller with Newton.
When I upgraded the first part of my cluster to Newton, the second part
stopped to work (nova-api).

I got this error:
oslo_service.service ServiceTooOld: This service is older (v9) than the
minimum (v15) version of the rest of the deployment. Unable to continue.

So, as we can see, all those dialogs, manuals, docs, posts which are
talking about compatibility between 2 releases are wrong, aren't they?

I will be happy to read some thoughts from you guys, thanks!

How to reproduce:
Install nova 13 on 2 nodes
Disable the first node
Upgrade the first node to nova 14
Restart nova-api on the second node (13 ver.)

--
Best Regards,
Evgeniy Ivanov