[Openstack] [Swift] Object replication...

Shyam Prasad N nspmangalore at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 08:21:40 UTC 2016

Hi,

I have an openstack swift cluster with 2 nodes, and a replication count of
2.
So, theoretically, during a PUT request, both replicas are updated
synchronously. Only then the request will return a success. Please correct
me if I'm wrong on this.

I have a script that periodically does a PUT to a small object with some
random data, and then immediately GETs the object. On some occasions, I'm
getting older data during the GET.

Is my expectation above correct? Or is there some other setting needed to
make the replication synchronous?

--
-Shyam