[Openstack] Question about VM credentials - newbie

David Medberry openstack at medberry.net
Wed Aug 31 12:35:03 UTC 2016

cloud-init and cloud-config is how one can add a password to a cloud image
though it is NEVER recommended.

See:

http://cloudinit.readthedocs.io/en/latest/topics/examples.html

and read about users and groups and mkpasswd

cloud-init will read this at vm boot time and apply the cloud-config
(presuming you have cloud-init service installed in your image--which you
should)