[Openstack] Create Snapshot from a Paused/Suspended Instance

Tzach Shefi tshefi at redhat.com
Tue Aug 30 14:56:25 UTC 2016

Hey,

So these two old fixed bugs suggest that it should work.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1100556
https://bugs.launchpad.net/horizon/+bug/1256821

On a freshly installed Mitaka release KVM based deployment, I just booted
up an instance, paused it and created snapshot without any problem.

Any thing show up on Nova or Glance logs? Is debug enabled?

Do you have sufficient disk space for snapshot?  If i recall the instance
is paused snapshot is created and then uploaded to glance.
You need to have enough free space of snapshot to be created.

Does this happen on other instances or all of them?

Does this happen with admin or another user?

Tzach

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 12:15 PM, ankit agrawal <agrawal.coolankit at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am currently trying to create a snapshot of an instance, which is in
> paused/suspended state. It throws the error-
>
> *Error: *Unable to create snapshot. Please check the availability of
> snapshots or storage quota
>
> Is this feature not supported? If not, there should be relevant code
> changes to avoid these errors. Appreciate clarification on this.
>
> Thanks,

*Tzach Shefi*
Quality Engineer, Redhat OSP
+972-54-4701080 <callto:+972-52-4534729>