[Openstack] Ubuntu Xenial Options

Jose Manuel Ferrer Mosteiro jmferrer.paradigmatecnologico at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 07:14:46 UTC 2016

Mitaka is included by default in Ubuntu Xenial without adding extra
repositories. I have developed some ansibles that do the job in Ubuntu
Xenial without adding extra repositories:
https://github.com/paradigmadigital/ansible-openstack-vcenter [4]

I have three servers with 96GB RAM and 250 developers using it.

The architecture looks like a tipical vmware deployment because I needed
to convince vmware sysadmins to use openstack.

But take a look to MAAS. Maybe MAAS could be better for you:
http://www.ubuntu.com/cloud/maas [5]

Also you can take a look to openstack-ansible:
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/openstack-ansible/install-guide/index.html
[6]

openstack-ansible procedure is very close to Rackspace:
http://docs.rackspace.com/rpc/api/v10/bk-rpc-installation/content/sec_overview_ansible.html
[7]

Documentation says to use 14.04 but I don't see any problem to use 16.04
with those ansibles. But I have not tested them.

On 2016-08-24 17:55, Kiriakos Krastillis wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> looking at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/OpenStack/CloudArchive [1]
> I got to understand that Xenial is going to support Mitaka. But apparently there really isn't a Xenial repo for Mitaka on the Ubuntu cloud archive.
>
> Is there a way to set Mitaka without those repositories (eg: with devstack)? Is it recomended/dependable?
> In case not, what would be my options? Newton? Is that stable enough to deploy a small environment (ten servers)?
>
> Thanks,
> Kiriakos
>
> --
>
> Kiriakos Krastillis
> +49 40 2286842-37
>
> Bsc. Eng.
> +49 40 2286842-99
>
> Breite Str 61 | 22767 Hamburg
> +49 170 920 98 54
>
> www.monday-consulting.com [2]
>
> k.krastillis at monday-consulting.com
>
> Monday Consulting GmbH | Amtsgericht Hamburg | HRB 109193
>
> Geschäftsführung: Andreas Bögemann - Marcel Scheland -
> Dirk Schrödter - Volker Schrödter

Links:
------
[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/OpenStack/CloudArchive