[Openstack] [Tooz] Help in understanding DLM

Gary Kotton gkotton at vmware.com
Fri Aug 12 13:18:45 UTC 2016

Hi,
In the vmware_nsx code base we make use of tooz extensively and the results have been very good. Just depends on what type of backend you use ☺
We wrote a wrapper that enables the deployer to decide on what type of locking to use. This can be seen at: https://github.com/openstack/vmware-nsx/blob/master/vmware_nsx/common/locking.py#L27
Each project can decide on where to use DLM. It depends on each community.
Thanks
Gary