[Openstack] Disable compute node from accepting new VMs?

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Tue Aug 2 21:01:00 UTC 2016

Hi, all.  Trying to figure out how to disable a compute node from
getting new VMs scheduled for it on my Liberty cloud.  I did see the
"nova host-update --maintenance" command, but (as noted elsewhere) it
seems not to work for KVM-based VMs.  Is there a way to accomplish what
I'm looking to do?  Note that I'm not looking to take the host down,
just take it out of the pool of compute hosts ready to accept new VMs.

Thanks!

-Ken