[Openstack] Federated users can use Horizon, but can not use `openstack` CLI, error "Could not find user".

Martinx - ジェームズ thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 16:16:51 UTC 2016

Hey guys,

 I'm facing a hard time here to configure OpenStack Federation...

 So far, I can login into Horizon using my Windows AD credentials but, I
can not use command line interface, the `openstack` command, with Federated
users.

 Here is the error:

---
ubuntu at controller-1:~$ source ~/tmartins-openrc.conf

Please enter your OpenStack Password:

ubuntu at controller-1:~$ openstack token issue

The request you have made requires authentication. (HTTP 401) (Request-ID:
req-15d779ba-211e-4bc9-b7b6-a3fc887c7f92)
---

 On Apache log, I see the following error ("Could not find user"):

---
http://paste.openstack.org/show/545677/
---

 Note that the "~/tmartins-openrc.conf" file was downloaded from Horizon
itself, after logging in with that very same user.

 It worth to mention that both "admin" and "demo" local users still works
even after enabling Federation, on both Horizon and `openstack` CLI.

 I really appreciate any help!

Thanks!
Thiago