[Openstack] Launch an instance from the images tab

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at bayour.com
Mon Aug 1 13:40:52 UTC 2016

On Aug 1, 2016, at 8:58 AM, Eugen Block wrote:

> I found out what it is. If I select a regular image (type "Image") I have it pre-selected, too. But if I select a snapshot (type "Snapshot") it is not pre-selected. In the "Launch instance" dialog I have to select the snapshot from the dropdown again. Can anyone confirm this?

Works for me..

  Project->Compute->Columes->Volume Snapshots->[on a snapshot]->Launch as Instance

My 'Source' tab is preselected with

  Select Boot Source: Volume snapshot

and the 'Allocated' below is populated with the image name I gave
when creating the snapshot.
--
System administrators motto:
You're either invisible or in trouble.