[Openstack] nova+vmware doesn't create the cached image in ipaddress_base folder

Gary Kotton gkotton at vmware.com
Mon Aug 1 13:30:09 UTC 2016

Hi,
I suggest that you make use of the variable cache_prefix.
https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/virt/vmwareapi/vmops.py#L156
The IP address just creates havoc…
Thanks
Gary

From: Vaidyanath Manogaran <vaidyanath.m at gmail.com>
Date: Monday, August 1, 2016 at 2:25 PM
To: "openstack at lists.openstack.org" <openstack at lists.openstack.org>, "community at lists.openstack.org" <community at lists.openstack.org>
Subject: [Openstack] nova+vmware doesn't create the cached image in ipaddress_base folder

nova boot fails as the image created with oslo_vmware/api.py is creating the vm outside the base folder. though the x.x.x.x_base folder is present it is not creating it inside the vm my cofiguration is as follows.
1.    controller and compute node in one vcenter server
2.    the compute manages a different vcenter server.
3.    All the hosts in the cluster is shared with the same and many other datastores
4.    I have many clusters apart from the one which i am managing currently. which would be managed later

Any help here would be appreciable.

--
Regards,

Vaidyanath