[Openstack] Openstack powered Public cloud

Brian Haley brian.haley at hpe.com
Tue Apr 26 17:25:29 UTC 2016

On 4/26/16 12:05 PM, Jaison Peter wrote:
> Hi George,
>
> Thanks for letting me know that we can create distributed router by
> disabling SNAT in central router.
>
> Even though we use VRRP HA router, it will consume 100 public IPs in the
> scenario I mentioned above, but can save IPs used in compute fip namespace.
>
> Yes, compute node do not need public IPs, but the fip name space in them
> uses it.

Hi Jaison,

I've been working on a spec to address the public IP usage in the FIP
namespace, it's at https://review.openstack.org/#/c/300207/ (it needs an
update).  Basically, it would change the allocation strategy to use
addresses from an "infrastructure" subnet for ports that don't need to
be publicly reachable.  It should also support the case where the
default SNAT IP doesn't need public reach-ability either, you only need
it for floating IPs.

Plan is to finish this in the Newton cycle.

-Brian