[Openstack] Cloudkitty - Local Time zone based rating

murali muraliselva.10 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 09:04:16 UTC 2016

Hello All,

I am using Cloudkitty in my development environment.

I can see the issue with the timezone being used by the cloudkitty.

Basically, timezone used by cloudkitty is UTC instead of any local time
zone of server where it is located.

My question here is regarding rating to be done based on the local time
zone instead of UTC.

For example, consider the following scenario.

These is the rated data from rated_data_frames table.

       id: 24692
    begin: 2016-04-24 08:40:00
      end: 2016-04-24 08:45:00
     unit: MB
      qty: 0

I am checking the server time at the moment(Some minutes will be differed).

root at devstack:~# date
Sun Apr 24 01:58:47 PDT 2016

So now I need to enable the local time zone based rating, Is there any
possibility for the same?

To be precise rated_data_frames data should be based on the local time.

Note:

I can see that there is some commits were made for converting and
calculating based on the local time zone for report section(only report
section, not rating).

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/282661/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/282672/

Even though that one seems not exists in latest cloudkitty version of code.

Regards,

Murali.