[Openstack] Xenial / Mitaka = Instance failed network setup / nova.compute.manager Unauthorized

Eugen Block eblock at nde.ag
Tue Apr 19 07:05:28 UTC 2016

Hi Paras,

the option auth_plugin is deprecated (from nova.conf):

---cut here---
# Authentication type to load (unknown value)
# Deprecated group/name - [DEFAULT]/auth_plugin
auth_type = password
---cut here---

But as far as I can tell, you should only get a warning, not an error,
I've seen some of these warnings in my logs, but it works (I work with
openSUSE). To get Mitaka working at all I simply tried to set the same
options as in my working Liberty configs, and then I searched for
deprecation warnings and additional options mentioned in the Mitaka
guide.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Eugen