[Openstack] [Neutron] Deploying Liberty Neutron needs how many NICs

Tomas Vondra vondra at czech-itc.cz
Tue Apr 12 08:39:17 UTC 2016

liyulei <liyulei_walker at ...> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I am deploying Liberty Neutron in CentOS7, according to the official
document there are two interfaces in controller: one for management, the
other for public, and the public interface uses a special configuration
without an IP address assigned to it. But in my controller, there is only
one interface, so how should I do ? Or do I have to have two interfaces at
least ?

> Thanks
>
> Li yulei

Hi!
The official document is more of a best practice in this regard. I remember
that it suggested 3 NICs back when I was installing the Grizzly release.
You may of course use only one interface, but bear in mind that it is highly
managed by Neutron and if something goes wrong, you may get cut off from the
installation. That is when the management NIC comes in handy.

If you're using OpenVSwitch, something like this will add a system port to
the bridge:
ovs-vsctl add-port br-ex intport -- set Interface intport type=internal