[Openstack] LBaaS with UDP

Thomas Bruckmann thomasbruckmann at gmx.de
Tue Sep 29 12:32:23 UTC 2015

Hi there,
Hope you can help me, is it at the moment possible to Loadbalance UDP
Ports with the LBaas Feature of Openstack in any Release with any
driver? Or if it is planned as feature for a future release?

No matter which version of Openstack/Neutron or which driver I have to
use, I am only interested if it is possible.

I found a wiki article which says the LVS driver can do that, but it
seems not fully integrated in the lbaas.

I've also checked the code of neutron-lbaas and there are the available
values for the "--protocol" parameter of the pool and the listener are
limited to "TCP, HTTP, HTTPS and TERMINATED_HTTPS" (only listeners)

Regards,
Thomas