[Openstack] Neutron

Remo Mattei Remo at Italy1.com
Tue Sep 29 07:17:54 UTC 2015

I agree, with Neil,

but a few things you want to check..
1) is the network internal or external?
2) if internal, the port is created you may want to see neutron port-list
2.1 neutron agent-list  and see if those are running
2.2 go into the compute where the VM is running and check if the agent is running there, also check the master and see if that is working
3 do ip netns exec on your qrouter-xxxx-xxx and see if the router can reach the dhcp server (ping etc)
4 do a tcpdump on the ip netns exec qrouter-xxxxx and see if data is coming through.

I am not sure if this is a multinode or all in one but if it’s all in one check the dhcp logs in the /var/log/neutron  or do less /var/log/neutron/*.log and try to get an ip address again as Neil suggested, if this is a cirros image you need to do sudo -i then ifdown eth0 and ifup eth0. Also if you do not get an ip address you can try to set it with ifconfig eth0 yournetwork/24 and then add a route to it and see if you can ping the dhcp server or the router.

Hopefully this help.

Remo