[Openstack] os-ansible-deployment pip failing in container

Matt Thompson wateringcan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 09:16:43 UTC 2015

Hi Duck,

Glad you got it sorted.  The reason why scripts/run-playbooks.sh worked for
you is because it has $DEPLOY_LB set to "yes" by default, which resulted
in haproxy-install.yml being run.  A number of production deploys done w/
os-ansible-deployment (now openstack-ansible) use hardware load balancers
for HA, and this is presumably why haproxy-install.yml is not called in
setup-everything.yml.  I will agree that the name of setup-everything.yml
is misleading and we probably should consider adding haproxy-install.yml to
it.  I will discuss this with the team and create a bug/review if we feel
that is necessary.

Regards,
Matt