[Openstack] [openstack][stackforge] incubation process

Mark Voelker mvoelker at vmware.com
Tue Sep 22 13:55:05 UTC 2015

Gareth,

The StackForge namespace is being retired, though the benefits StackForge has traditionally provided to projects remain (essentially we’re just moving them into a different namespace).  Refer to this Technical Committee resolution on retiring the StackForge namespace:

http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/governance/tree/resolutions/20150615-stackforge-retirement.rst

And these ML threads which explain the matter in a bit more depth and discuss moving current StackForge projects into the OpenStack namespace:

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-August/071816.html

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-August/072140.html

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-August/073071.html

There is a list of StackForge projects slated to move to the OpenStack namespace (as well as some inactive projects to retire) on October 17th here:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Stackforge_Namespace_Retirement

If you are responsible for an active StackForge project that hasn’t added itself to that list yet, please do so.

At Your Service,

Mark T. Voelker