[Openstack] PKI Issue vs UUID

Matthias Runge mrunge at redhat.com
Mon Sep 21 07:39:44 UTC 2015

On 19/09/15 21:52, Remo Mattei wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have notice that when I do the RDO installation of Kilo with the UUID and login with the admin account, I can select which project to spin up new instances and also which project to select from the pull down menu. If I do the same installation using packstack and change the keystone from UUID to PKI, I cannot select any of those options.
>
> Has anyone seen this issue? I notice that there was a bug going on while back but I thought that would have been fixed by now.
>
> Thanks for any tips on how to go by this.
>
> Remo
I assume, you're speaking of horizon.

PKI tokens are significantly bigger than uuid tokens. This causes
session issues in Horizon.
Depending on your version of django-openstack-auth, you even might see a
token handling issue occurring only with pki tokens. It has been fixed
in a later version.

If you want to use pki token and horizon, you should configure database
backed sessions.

https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.8/ref/databases

and set  SESSION_ENGINE to "django.contrib.sessions.backends.cached_db".

https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.8/topics/http/sessions/

That should ease the pain.

Matthias