[Openstack] demo for my team

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Fri Sep 18 22:07:57 UTC 2015

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 2:15 PM, venkatesh kotipalli <
openstackvenkatesh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Now i am successfully completed the openstack setup. and spin the VM also.
> Now i am going to give demo. please suggested which way to start the demo
> to my team. Less time and to share the more info.
>
> I have lot of doubts in Neutron and swift.
>
> 1. Glance is image storage?are there any alternatives for glance?

Yes.
None that I know of.

> 2. swift is a unstructured data will be stored? are there any alternative
> for swift?

Swift offers Object Storage, an eventually consistent object storage
solution with a REST API.

Some operators run Ceph, implementing the OpenStack Object Storage API.

> 3. cinder is block storage to spin the VMS to select cinders in volumes

Block Storage for VM volume mounts, yes. This chapter gives a great storage
overview.
http://docs.openstack.org/openstack-ops/content/storage_decision.html

> 4.where the snapshots will be stored?

There are images, volume snapshots, and image snapshots, please refer to:
http://docs.openstack.org/openstack-ops/content/snapshots.html
and
http://docs.openstack.org/user-guide/cli_nova_launch_instance_from_volume.html

> and is there any recurring snapshot policy(Automation) ?

Not that I can think of but others may chime in.

> please help me guys.

Hope that helps your quest for knowledge.
Anne

> Regards,
> Venkatesh.k

Anne Gentle