[Openstack] help openvswitch network configuration problems

Nasir Mahmood nasir.mahmood at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 06:21:02 UTC 2015

I practical execution, you dont need any  IP Address for either br-ex or
the ETH2 interface for external connectivity. This is a bridge and you are
using OVS for maintaining the L2 connectivity, so according to the OS, you
need something like this in your /etc/network/interfaces file

*# external network interface*

*auto eth2*

*iface eth2 inet manual*

*        up ip link set dev $IFACE up*

*        down ip link set dev $IFACE down*

*no ip is needed on your eth2.*